The Arboretum at Flagstaff 2016 OPEN volunteer dates. It is not required to be a member of MG's or ACE. Anyone is welcomed to join us:
January 23, February 6, February 20, March 5, March 26, April 2, April 9, and April 23.
The plan for each scheduled date is as follows:
1. Arrive at the Arboretum at 10am and meet Horticulture staff at the main greenhouse-building with the blue roof. Plan to work until 2pm.
2. Volunteers should always dress in layers for outdoor work (even though some or all members may be working indoors in the greenhouses with us on certain dates).
3. Everyone is encouraged to bring a personal refillable water bottle and snacks with them.
4. We will provide all tools, gloves, instructions, etc. necessary for work projects.
5. Everyone will sign in on our volunteer forms so we can be sure to document your service hours & generous contributions towards the Arboretum at Flagstaff!
I plan to be here to work with you all on January 23. I will then be on maternity leave for a few months & from February into April you will be working with Gayle Nance, Horticulturalist, & Hailey Sherwood, Horticulture staff member. They are both cc'ed in this message in addition to our new Volunteer Coordinator for the Arboretum, Shannon Benjamin. Feel free to contact any one of us with questions or for organizing logistics in preparation for your service dates.
Docent Training 2016 kicks off on Friday, April 1st with a potluck and official welcome. No fooling- save the date! The first full day of training begins on April 16th and runs 10am-2:30pm every Wednesday through May 25th. More info to come, but please let me know if you have any questions or would like to get signed up. This is going to be great fun and I can't wait!
Thanks for your interest in helping us here!