Master Gardeners – The Arboretum at Flagstaff has several garden work days coming up so. This is a great way to get in some hours especially if you would like to get your badge at our Oct. 11 recognition event. They also have a couple of other events that they can use help with. Read on…
garden work opportunities
Please RSVP to Christi Sorrell @ firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 days before each event so she can plan for the group size. (events will be cancelled if their is no interest):
- Thursday, Sep 3, 2015. 10am to 2pm: Volunteer with Christi in the Gardens. Invasive Weed Warrior Day!
- Thursday, Sep 10, 2015 10am to 2pm: Volunteer with Christi in the Gardens. Invasive Weed Removal followed by native plant installation if we meet our weed removal goals.
- Thursday, Oct 1, 2015. 10am to 2pm: Volunteer with Christi in the Gardens. Milkweed & associated species plantings in the north end of the pollinator garden. Followed by invasive weed removal.
- Thursday, Oct 8, 2015 10am to 2pm: Volunteer with Christi in the Gardens. Herb Garden and Ethnobotany Garden. Deadheading, pruning, invasive species removal, fall/winter preparation. Similar work to be done around the pond if time allows.
- Thursday, Oct 15, 2015 10am to 2pm: Volunteer with Christi in the Gardens. Invasive weed removal in the future wildflower meadow and around the Ramada area. Native plant installation if time allows.
special event opportunities
Anyone planning to attend, please RSVP to our Volunteer Coordinator @ email@example.com at least 2 days before the event and Rikki will coordinate with interested folks directly to instruct them with relevant details (a limited number of volunteers are recruited for special events, and those interested will be invited on a first come, first serve basis) :
- Sunday, Sep 13, 2015: Wine in the Woods event from 1 to 5 pm. Volunteers may be needed to assist with setup before 1pm and cleanup after 5pm in addition to tasks during the event. to learn more about Wine in the Woods- http://thearb.org/events_wine-in-the-woods.php
- Friday, Sep 11 & Saturday Sep 12: Shakespeare on the Stage 3pm to as late as
10pm: Volunteers may be needed to assist with setup before 3pm and cleanup
after the plays end in addition to tasks during the event. to learn more about
Shakespeare at the Arb- http://thearb.org/events_specialevents.php