Meeting Minutes 3/12/15
Nicole Gregory – Starting Seeds - Both indoor and outdoor seed starting techniques and discuss some common issues with starting seeds, such as dampening off. Discussed seed selection, storage, and the different germination needs of particular seeds. Demonstrated how to make two types of seedling pots out of recycled containers, and offered suggestions for how to ensure the strongest seedlings possible. The presentation was generic in nature, but broadly applicable to many different types of seeds.
Business Meeting – Jim Mast
MG Coordinator Happenings - Hattie Braun
o Clara Coleman conference keynote speaker. Sept 19th.
· Home Show
o April 10, 11, and 12. Set-up April 9th, tear-down April 12 and 13. Still need a chair for this project. This year will be free admission. We will occupy 8 booths to accommodate talks. Will not be at the Dome; it will be held at NAU Fieldhouse, located at 1050 S. Knoles Dr. http://americanshowsinc.com/flagstaff.html
Financial report – Sue Madden
· PayPal balance is $207.02. We should transfer $188 to bank account, $60 aprons, $140 dues, $73 raffle,$20 donations, $46 calendars. Current balance $5569.99 plus the PayPal balance.
Volunteer Support – Crys Wells
- JoAnn Alarcon has volunteered to be on this committee. She will be working with Crys.
- In the month of February, 24 people reported 262 volunteer hours and 35.25 education hours. YTD hours are 310.5 volunteer and 66.75 education. The discrepancy between what is reported and the YTD are because some of those hours were for 2014
Fund Raising – Debbie James
· Fall clean-up –Gili Thomas will chair the fall clean-up
MG Projects – Jackee Alston and Gili Thomas
· 33 projects approved – on the blog
· Starting a seed library; contact information is on the blog
Community Markets – Andrea Guerrette
· Starting May 17th ending October 18th
8:25pm – 8:30pm Gardening Questions?
Next meeting: April 9th - Ed Skiba – One hole at a time