We have had a slow start this season, but beginning June 16 we have a great list of invitations to visit private gardens!
We begin on June 16. Gurdarshan and Haring Khalsa have invited us to return to their garden. Their garden was one of our last we visited in the fall. It is a lovely place and for those of us who saw it then should find it particularly interesting to see during spring-into-summer.
We also have confirmed invitations for July 7 and August 25 and several others that are tentative. However, please remember that the success of our informal group depends on members securing invitations.
I hope to see you all at the Khalsa garden on June 16 – 10 a.m. J Jean Hockman
When: Saturday, June 16, 10 a.m.
What: Visit the garden of Gurdarshan and Haring Khalsa
Where: 2976 Pebble Beach Drive
Details: Gurdarshan writes: This garden has been an ongoing "project" for 26 years. It is never finished as all gardeners will understand. We have incorporated rock work in the landscape plan. My style is country rustic with a leaning toward the English garden. I grew up in Seattle and it has been difficult to leave the water loving plants behind. The focus is on flowers as our yard has become more shady over the years.
I-40 to Country Club Road
1. Exit I-40 at Exit 201 onto Country Club Dr - head S
2. Continue S through the traffic light at Cortland Blvd - turn right onto Oakmont (no traffic light)
3. Follow Oakmont as it winds around to Olympic - turn right (intersection is Y-shaped)
4. Olympic ends at a 'T' - turn left onto Meadow Brook
5. Turn right onto Pebble Beach Dr
6. Turn right into the very first cul-de-sac
1. Follow Butler E past the traffic light at Fox Glenn
2. Turn left onto Continental Dr (no traffic light)
3. Turn left onto Timberline Rd
4. Turn right onto Augusta Dr
5. Turn left onto Oakmont
6. Turn right onto Meadow Brook
7. Turn left onto Pebble Beach Dr
8. Turn right into the very first cul-de-sac
Gurdarshan and Haring's phone number is 526 5831
About Flagstaff Garden Tours
The Flagstaff garden visits occur when we have an invitation to visit a garden or to hear a presentation on a gardening topic. There are no membership dues.
To receive email announcements of events send the following message to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.ARIZONA.EDU
SUBSCRIBE FLAGSTAFFGARDENTOURS YOUR first name YOUR last name
If you have an auto signature, include end after your name. Here’s an example:
SUBSCRIBE FLAGSTAFFGARDENTOURS Hattie Braun
To unsubscribe to announcements about our garden tours, send the following message to
Questions or problems subscribing? Email Hattie Braun at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions or suggestions about the garden visits? Email Jean Hockman at email@example.com.